Sizzle Steak Wrap makes a great casual week-night dinner. Make up a batch for easy lunches. Spice it up with some sriracha chilli sauce over shredded cheddar cheese. Really good food that is easy to make and style any way you like it.
Sizzle Steak Wrap
- 600 g Beef Rump Steak, pounded very thin and cut into hand-sized pieces
- 1 tbsp oil
- salt and pepper to season, plus your favourite spices or marinade
- 8 Tortilla Wraps
- 80 g Mixed Leaf Salad
- ½ Capsicum, mixed colour, sliced thin
- 100 g shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp Sriracha, chilli sauce – your preference
- While the meat is cold from the fridge. Trim all excess fat, cut the steak into serve-sized pieces. Cover the steak with a freezer bag or baking paper and using a meat tenderiser, rolling pin, or appropriate tool, pound the steak from the centre to the edges, like you were working a pizza dough. Your aim is to flatten and tenderise it.
- You can go straight to cooking the meat, but if you can prepare an hour or two before cooking, after tenderising the meat, rub it down with sea salt and set it on a plate uncovered to rest. If it's less than 40 minutes before cooking, leave it out of the fridge (perhaps sit it in the microwave). If you have more time, put it back in the fridge. You can leave it uncovered, because you want the surface to dry a little (unless you are leaving it overnight).
- Wipe off the salt and pat the surface of the meat dry with paper towel. Get your pan very hot. Add the oil. Carefully put the steaks in the hot pan, in batches if necessary. Leave the first side for 1 minute, then turn 3 times cooking for not more than 40 seconds each time. That's three minutes, you're done.
- Remove the steaks to a cutting board. Let them rest while you prepare plates and any side dishes. Slice the steaks into thin strips, cutting across the grain and down through the meat at a 45° to 60° angle.
- Take the little moisture pouch out of the tortilla pack and either zap the tortillas together in the bag in a microwave for 40 to 60 seconds, or heat each tortilla individually with a light spray of water or oil in a hot pan for 30 seconds.
- Lay out a wrap and spread with salad leaves, sliced capsicum, and shredded cheese. Leave a little space at the tailing edge so it rolls neatly. Add the steak strips and a squeeze of sriracha and roll tightly. Enjoy
CooksClub researches & presents recipes from across the web. Where the recipe is unchanged, the rights of the author are recognised and the full method or instructions are not shown. Follow the link to view the full recipe at its source.