Poached chicken with Three Cheese Butternut Pumpkin Girasoli
- 350 g Girasoli Butternut Pumpkin and Three Cheese, a Coles Finest product
- 700 g Chicken breast fillet, 2 medium breasts skin off,
- 8 sage, fresh leaves, chopped semi-fine
- 30 g pine nuts, lightly roasted
- 80 g parmesan cheese, shredded or grated, grated, nearly 1 cup
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 egg yolks
- 250 ml milk, full cream
- 1 tablespoon parsley, dry, chopped to garnish
- Butterfly the chicken breasts and season with salt and cracked pepper and have ready on a plate. Consider how you will serve the meal and if plates, bowls and a serving platter might need to be warmed.
- Lightly roast the pine nuts in a large frying pan or wok on medium-high heat with no oil. When the pine nuts have browned, add the butter, parsley and sage with minced garlic and sautee lightly for a minute, being careful not to burn the mixture.
- Add the chicken to the pan, turning to coat the chicken in the sage and garlic butter. Add the milk to poach the chicken. Reduce the temperature to a medium-low heat. The milk should be gently steaming, not boiling so it doesn’t split. The chicken will take around 5 minutes each side.
- When the chicken is cooked, remove it to a plate to cool so you can tear it apart into small strips. Remove a third of the milk into a small bowl using a kitchen spoon. You will use this to adjust the thickness of your sauce.
- Stir in the 2 egg yolks to the milk, then add the Girasol, keeping the heat medium-low. Simmer for 90 seconds, then add back the chicken strips together with half the parmesan cheese. Taste and adjust the seasoning if required.
- Stir and gently move the Girasoli to stop it sticking. As the sauce thickens, adjust the consistency with the removed milk and/or parmesan until you have enough sauce at a consistency that will just coat the back of a spoon. This only takes a few minutes.
- Serve the meal as you prefer, into individual plates/bowls or into a serving platter for the table.
- This product is included in the CooksClub Designer Menus based on taste testing, or verified ratings, or consumer awards. Quality and taste can vary from time to time. Feel free to add your own comment on your level of enjoyment of this product.
- Check cooking instructions on each product in case variations in timing or process or other recommendations are added later.
- CooksClub do not receive income from the sale of supplier or supermarket products.
- See product packaging for nutrient information and make allowance for added ingredients.
- The image accompanying this recipe may be a serving suggestion and not necessarily a photo of this specific product.
CooksClub researches & presents recipes from across the web. Where the recipe is unchanged, the rights of the author are recognised and the full method or instructions are not shown. Follow the link to view the full recipe at its source.