Mexican Pork Shank Tortillas lime guacamole, jalapenos and onion
This simple meal draws on a Coles Easy Meal brand, Boneless Pork Shank With Mexican Sauce. A single 800g pack will serve pulled pork for 4 meals at a cost of $12.00. (serve with all ingredients $4.80 each) This recipe presents your favourite style of corn or wheat tortillas together with avocado and lime guacamole, jalapeno chillis, and red onion.
- 1 pack Coles Made Easy Slow Cooked Boneless Pork Shank , With Mexican Sauce, 800g
- 1 avocados
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- 1 tbsp Jalapeno chillies or green chillies, sliced
- 1 red onion
- 1 pack Corn Tortillas, or flour tortillas (8)
- Preheat the oven to 200C fan forced (220C conventional).
- Remove all the packaging and place the pork in a small oven dish. Cook uncovered in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile slice then mash the avocado, season with pepper and salt and mix in the lime zest with half the juice.
- Thinly slice the jalapeno chilli and red onion. Place in a small bowl and squeeze over the juice from the other half of the lime. Let it marinate for a few minutes. Remove the tortillas from their packaging and place on a tray in the oven for 5 minutes just prior to serving.
- Remove the pork and the tortillas from the oven. Use 2 forks to pull the pork apart. Spread the guacamole on the tortillas. Top with the pulled pork. Drain the juice from the chilli and onion mix, add it to the tortilla, then fold and serve.
You may wish to add tomato or cheese and other toppings as you like. Perhaps check out the Classic Guacamole recipe as an option.
- This product is included in the CooksClub Designer Menus based on taste testing, or verified ratings, or consumer awards. Quality and taste can vary from time to time. Feel free to add your own comment on your level of enjoyment of this product.
- Check cooking instructions on each product in case variations in timing or process or other recommendations are added later.
- CooksClub do not receive income from the sale of supplier or supermarket products.
- See product packaging for nutrient information and make allowance for added ingredients.
- The image accompanying this recipe may be a serving suggestion and not necessarily a photo of this specific product.
CooksClub researches & presents recipes from across the web. Where the recipe is unchanged, the rights of the author are recognised and the full method or instructions are not shown. Follow the link to view the full recipe at its source.