Meru Miso Chicken Biryani is a dish you make when you want to impress, but don’t want to get stressed doing it. This is a beautiful meal, either for the family, or when entertaining friends. You truly must try this dish, you will not miss with this one.
Meru Miso Chicken Biryani
- 1 med Chicken whole, approx 2.2 kg
- salt and pepper to season
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cup basmati Rice
- 1 large brown onions, thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp Meru Miso Fresh Sweet White Miso, (Shiro) paste
- 3 tbsp maple syrup, or honey
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp Meru Miso Fresh Sweet White Miso, (Shiro) paste
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 4 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely grated or crushed
- 1 sml broccoli, head, cut into small florets
- ½ pomegranate, seeds removed
- ½ cup coriander fresh, picked
- 2 stalks shallots, or green onions, finely sliced
- First prepare the chicken, dry well on paper towel then cut the legs away from the body at the joint then cut through the leg joint to separate the thigh and drumsticks. Place these onto a tray. (Watch Jamie Oliver demonstrate the method)
- Cut the bottom half of the frame off the bird – rib cage and backbone – so you’re left with the breasts on the bone (crown).
- Now cut straight down through the middle of the breasts, through the bone to separate the two breasts then cut each breast piece into 2 pieces depending on the size.
- Season the chicken pieces with salt and pepper.
- In a frying pan, heat 2 tbsp of olive oil and brown off the chicken, skin side only then transfer back to a clean plate. Add 1 tbsp more olive oil to the pan along with the sliced onion and a good pinch of salt. Cook these over a medium/high heat to caramelise, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Preheat an oven to 200C. Place the basmati rice into a pot and cover with water and 2 tsp salt and bring to the boil and cook for 4 minutes then drain, the rice will be half cooked. Spoon this into the bottom of a baking dish then press in the chicken pieces so they are snug into the rice.
- Mix together the Miso glaze ingredients and spoon this over the chicken generously
- Mix together the dressing ingredients and spoon half of this around the rice. The rest will be used once cooked.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and bake for 30 minutes then remove the foil.
- Toss the broccoli 1 tbsp olive oil, some salt and pepper and scatter over the rice around the chicken and place back into the oven for 10 minutes uncovered to glaze the chicken and cook the broccoli.
- Remove the tray from the oven and to finish, spoon the rest of the dressing over everything and serve scattered with shallots, coriander and pomegranate.
CooksClub researches & presents recipes from across the web. Where the recipe is unchanged, the rights of the author are recognised and the full method or instructions are not shown. Follow the link to view the full recipe at its source.