Hot Dog with Caramelised Onions
- Large Saucepan
- 4 Hot Dog Frankfurts, the best you can find
- 4 Hot Dog Buns, simple or fancy
- 2 lge brown onions, sliced thinly
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp sambal oelek, or other chilli paste
- 100 g shredded cheese, optional
- sauces and condiments to serve
- Place a little oil or butter in a frypan on medium high heat and add the sliced onions and chilli paste. Give them a flick or a stir to coat in the oil.
- Turn the oven on to 180°C. Put a large pot two thirds filled with water on the stove on high heat. Put the hot dogs in while the water is cold. By the time the water is about boiling, your hot dogs should float to the top and be ready. (you could of course BBQ or pan fry the frankfurts in a little oil – up to you)
- Stir the onions then add the brown sugar and vinegar and stir it through. Place your hot dog buns on a tray and put them in the oven, then get the cheese sauces and any condiments (and beverages) ready and stir the onions some more.
- Take the buns out of the oven, slice then add the cheese to the bottom. Add the Frankfurt then some sauce and set the onions on top – or just make em how you like em!
CooksClub researches & presents recipes from across the web. Where the recipe is unchanged, the rights of the author are recognised and the full method or instructions are not shown. Follow the link to view the full recipe at its source.