Harissa Chicken Tray Bake is a Jamie Oliver 5 Ingredient recipe that is very simple to make and costs less that $4.50 per serve. Spicy North African flavour with wonderful roast vegetables, served with brown rice and quinoa for the microwave.
Harissa Chicken Tray Bake
- oven dish
- 1 lge Chicken whole, split and scored as shown
- 4 med capsicum mixed colour, mixed colours, roughly broken or chopped
- 2 med red onion, pealed and quartered
- ⅓ cup mint leaves, to garnish
- 2 tbsp Harissa paste
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 packs Brown Rice and Quinoa microwave pack, 2 x 250g packs, microwave heat & serve
- Instructions are per Jamie Oliver's 5 Ingredient video below:
- Into a large oven tray, roughly tear each capsicum while removing the seeds. Quarter the red onions and break up the layers spreading the onion throughout the tray. Add the harissa paste with olive oil and vinegar.
- Split the chicken through the lower side and open it out so it spreads across the pan vegetables. Score the legs and thighs with a knife to even out the cooking time. Season the chicken with pepper and salt. Cover the chicken entirely with the harissa, olive oil and vinegar in the pan. Place in a pre-heated oven at 180°C for 50 min to 60 min.
- Garnish with mint and serve with brown rice and quinoa.
CooksClub researches & presents recipes from across the web. Where the recipe is unchanged, the rights of the author are recognised and the full method or instructions are not shown. Follow the link to view the full recipe at its source.