Fried rice is a great go-to meal that everyone in the family will love. It is well worth learning this recipe so you can quickly make fried rice any night of the week in under 30 minutes.
- 100 g Bacon
- 2 egg/s
- 4 spring onions
- 1 cup long grain rice, uncooked volume, then cooked
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 3 tbsp Soy Sauce
- ½ cup frozen Peas, frozen
- 200 g Green Prawns, frozen
- 1 Carrot, diced
- 1 Onion/s, diced or thin strips
- ½ Capsicum, thin strips
- 1 celery, diced, (optional)
- Pre-cook the rice and spread it out on an oven tray to cool and dry a little. It is ideal to cook the rice the day before and keep in the fridge if possible.
- Thaw the prawns in a small bowl of room temperature water. Zap the frozen peas in a small bowl to luke-warm and set aside.
- Whisk the eggs, mix with small a dash of soy. Then pre-heat the wok on medium, then fry gently the egg like an omelette spreading it around the bottom of the wok with a little oil. Roll, remove and set aside.
- Add a little butter season the prawns with pepper and salt and fry for 2 minutes. Give them a splash of wine and lemon juice if you have it. Remove the prawns once they start to go pink.
- Dice the bacon into short, thin, strips. Slightly increase the heat and add the bacon and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the diced onions, carrots, the white end of the spring onions, and celery (if using) and fry gently for 3 minutes. Increase the heat, add the butter and the rice. Stir well to coat the rice in the pan flavours, butter, and oil. Keep the heat on high and keep stirring the rice for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the rest of the soy sauce and keep stirring (or flipping) the rice.
- Add the peas and the green section of the spring onion and stir through well. Taste and check for seasoning or more soy. Turn off the heat and let the dish settle for a minute before serving.
CooksClub researches & presents recipes from across the web. Where the recipe is unchanged, the rights of the author are recognised and the full method or instructions are not shown. Follow the link to view the full recipe at its source.