Empanadas with slow-cooked Mexican pork shank & salad
- oven tray
- 1 pack Coles Made Easy Slow Cooked Boneless Pork Shank With Mexican Sauce, 800g
- 8 Mission Original Tortillas
- 1 pack Coles Kitchen Mexican Style Salad Kit
- 60 g baby spinach
- 200 g shredded pizza cheese
- 100 ml sour cream
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper and select an appropriate microwave-proof dish for the Mexican pork shank.
- Empty pork shank mix into the dish and place uncovered in the microwave for 4 minutes on high. Meanwhile set out all the ingredients, mix the salad in a bowl and whisk the egg in a small dish.
- Remove the warmed pork from the microwave and shred using two forks. Place 1 tortilla on a clean work surface. Brush all around the edge of the tortilla with the egg mix.
- Arrange baby spinach over half the tortilla leaving 2 cm at the edges to close and join. Add a couple of spoons of the shredded pork mix on top of the spinach and cover with shredded cheese. (Review the amount of ingredients to ensure you use evenly. You can make at least 10 empanadas – you can wrap extras in foil as they make a great lunch meal)
- Be careful not to over-fill the tortillas otherwise they wont close. Fold over to enclose the filling and use a fork to press down hard and crimp-seal the edges. Transfer the empanada to one of the lined trays, then repeat for the remaining tortillas. Dust the tortillas lightly with paprika and spray with olive oil &/or coat with any remaining egg mix. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown and heated through. Serve with the salad and sour cream.
CooksClub researches & presents recipes from across the web. Where the recipe is unchanged, the rights of the author are recognised and the full method or instructions are not shown. Follow the link to view the full recipe at its source.