Easy Baked Chicken Prosciutto Parmigiana Involtini
Coles offer Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken Breasts as part of their "made easy" range. To this we add soft cherry bocconcini, with eggplant, passata, and potatoes to make a stunning family meal without much work in under an hour, for around $8.00 per plate.Prep simply involves removing the plastic cover and the packaging pad from the chicken, then washing and cutting up the potatoes and eggplant. Cooking requires putting the ingredients in the oven and adjusting the ingredients halfway through.NOTE: Stock availability of this line might vary from time to time and store to store, but it is a fairly common combination and might also be found in independent supermarkets and local chicken stores.
- 2 packs Coles Made Easy Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken Breasts With Parmigiana Stuffing, 2 x 450g
- 1 small Eggplant
- 6 sml balls Bocconcini, sliced
- 250 ml Passata
- 4 medium potatoes
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- salt and pepper to season
- Preheat the oven to 200°C and heat a pot of water to boil the potatoes
- While the water and oven is heating, wash and cut the potatoes into 2 or 3 pieces for baking and place in the pot with some salt. Bring to the boil and set the timer for 7 minutes, after which strain and let stream dry until you are ready to place them in the oven
- Remove the cardboard cover and film from each tray and also remove the moisture pad from under each chicken breast. Cover each foil tray with foil and place in the oven. Set a timer for 20 minutes.
- Trim the ends of the eggplant and cut into 4 slices (either lengthways or across, to match the size of the chicken breasts). Place in a large oiled oven tray, season with pepper and salt and perhaps some Italian dry herbs, and coat in olive oil, and place in the oven.
- In order to use just one oven tray, push the eggplant slices to one end, and add the potatoes to the oven tray, and drizzle with olive oil and return to the oven.
- After the chicken has cooked for 20 minutes, remove it from the oven and also remove the oven tray. Remove the potato from the tray to a plate. Add the chicken pieces to the oven tray and coat with the juices from the foil dishes.
- Arrange the eggplant slices on top of each chicken breast, coat with passata and top with slices of bocconcini. Place the potatoes around the side and return to the oven and set the timer for 25 minutes. Remove from the oven then serve.
Notes from the Coles product packaging
- Remove any string that may bind the chicken, prior to serving.
- Nitrates in bacon or prosciutto may make the chicken flesh pink, even when fully cooked.
- Some parts of the film may remain on the edges of the foil tray during cooking.
- Check cooking instructions on each product in case variations in timing or process or other recommendations are added later. CooksClub recommends using a food thermometer and bring the internal temperature of chicken to 74C.
- CooksClub do not receive income from the sale of supplier or supermarket products.
- This product is included in the CooksClub Designer Menus based on taste testing, or verified ratings, or consumer awards. Quality and taste can vary from time to time. Feel free to add your own comment on your level of enjoyment of this product.
- See product packaging for nutrient information and make allowance for added ingredients.
- The image accompanying this recipe may be a serving suggestion and not necessarily a photo of this specific product.
CooksClub researches & presents recipes from across the web. Where the recipe is unchanged, the rights of the author are recognised and the full method or instructions are not shown. Follow the link to view the full recipe at its source.