Burritos with pulled pork, red beans and rice
- oven tray
- 1 pack Coles Made Easy Slow Cooked Boneless Pork Shank With Mexican Sauce, 800g
- 10 Mission Original Tortillas, (because we use their "how to" video)
- 400 g red kidney beans
- 1 pack microwave rice, white, brown or Mexican flavoured
- 200 g shredded pizza cheese
- Set the oven to 180°C. Open the tortillas and take the little absorption satchel out of the pack then zap the pack (or how many you need) in the microwave for about a minute. One on its own takes just 10 seconds. You can also prepare tortillas individually, giving them about 30 seconds each side on a hot dry pan.
- Empty pork mix into an oven and microwave-proof dish, cover with clingwrap and place uncovered in the microwave for 4 minutes on high. Meanwhile drain and rinse the red kidney beans and set out the beans and cheese in serving bowls.
- Remove the warmed pork from the microwave and shred using two forks. Place the pork dish in the oven for 10 minutes or until it is hot and ready to serve. Heat the rice in the microwave and transfer it to a serving dish.
- Set the table with all the ingredients and any condiments or salad you might like – see notes. Demonstrate your skill showing all how to roll their own burritos.
CooksClub researches & presents recipes from across the web. Where the recipe is unchanged, the rights of the author are recognised and the full method or instructions are not shown. Follow the link to view the full recipe at its source.