Bangers and Mash Pub Style transforms the simple produce you have purchased, and elevates it into a family favourite. How good is this! Quality dining for under $5 per plate. Quality, taste, and on budget!
Bangers and Mash Pub Style
- 800 g Sausages, get good quality thick sausages from your supermarket or butcher
- 700 g potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 400 g frozen peas, or broccoli
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 3 tbsp butter
- ⅔ cup milk
- 1 lge Brown Onions, sliced thin
- 1½ tbsp flour plain
- salt and pepper to season
- ¾ cup chicken stock, or red or white wine
- 1 bay leaves
- 1 tsp Minced Garlic
- Get the sausages out of the fridge, give them some air and let them rest a while. Set the frypan on a medium heat, with a dash of olive oil and a knob of butter. Put in the bay leaf, onion and minced garlic and saute slowly while you prepare the other vegetables.
- Peel and cube the potatoes and set them on a medium stove in a covered steamer with salted water. Peel and slice the carrots the way you like them, and prepare the peas, placing both in individual microwave dishes, with a splash of water covered with cling wrap. Set them in the microwave with the timer to approx 3 minutes, (depending on the power of your microwave). Hit start just before you are getting ready to serve.
- Stir the sliced onion and push it to the side of the pan. Turn the heat up in the pan and put the sausages in. Keep an eye on them turning regularly to brown all over – about 4 minutes. When the sausages are browned, reduce the heat and cover the pan if you have a lid. Cook the sausages for a further 6 minutes turning as needed.
- Remove the sausages to a plate to rest. Add flour to the pan and another tablespoon of butter. Mix the flour in the butter and pan juices. Slowly pour in the stock or wine, stirring as you do. Put in the ¾ of a cup and continue to stir. Turn the pan down to its lowest setting.
- Drain the potatoes, keeping a little of the water in the bottom of the pot. Add a good tablespoon of butter with white pepper and salt. Pour in ½ cup of milk and mash the potatoes (with a masher). Add more milk as required. Knock the potato off the masher and whisk the potato vigorously with a fork until smooth.
- Turn on the microwave. Check the gravy. Give it a stir, mix through the onions and add more stock (or potato water) as required. Add the sausages and their juices back to the gravy, coating them and simmering gently. Remove the bay leaf. Set your plates and serve.
CooksClub researches & presents recipes from across the web. Where the recipe is unchanged, the rights of the author are recognised and the full method or instructions are not shown. Follow the link to view the full recipe at its source.