Your knife and core kitchen equipment
The knife is the most essential tool in the kitchen. Every day it feels like your knife becomes more powerful and faster.
Doing a class on basic elements of any pursuit never sounds exciting, but a person that knows how to handle a kitchen knife is always impressive and is regarded as halfway to becoming a great cook.
A good kitchen knife will replace a thousand gadgets. It is simple to clean, store and maintain and will last the best part of your lifetime. Your knife is your trusty kitchen partner. You feel more confident when you have it in your hand and you know exactly what it is capable of.
This is our second session in knife skills. It addresses:
- How to select a good kitchen knife for you
- Different types of knives and their purpose
- Knife sharpening tools and their use
- Knife safety, cleaning, and storage
The class also looks broadly at the base range of equipment you might need in your kitchen. For this reason this class is ideal for someone who has moved to their own unit or home and wants to be well set up, but doesn’t have the money or room for gadgets or clutter.
Who should take this class? People who:
- Want to master core cooking techniques that will serve them a lifetime.
- Have moved out on their own or are setting up their own kitchen style.
- Completing a course to develop essential cooking skills
- Looking to upgrade their kitchen equipment to achieve better food outcomes
The is always a great recipe to accompany each class. For this one we will find something with plenty of knife preparation.