Planning, timing, and other cooking secrets
We can paint ourselves into a corner when cooking a meal. People with expectations, hungry people looking at the time asking when dinner will be ready. While some elements of cooking require tricky techniques and high levels of skill, the tasks and processes required for most of our meals just need simple organisation, planning and timing.
Planning, timing and other cooking secrets is a CooksClub class that helps calm and organise the cooking process. Missing a step, forgetting an ingredient, having something cook too much while other ingredients seem to never be ready.
In this class you will learn
- How to avoid a situation where dinner is ready but you’re not.
- Where to start as well as how and when to finish a good meal.
- What is happening as you cook and how long key tasks take.
- What order to address each element of the cooking process.
- What you always must do 5 minutes before you are ready to serve.
- Six tricks that can fix common mistakes or prevent them happening.
In this class we will learn to cook a restaurant-quality steak meal with a sauce and vegetables.