Pasta and Ravioli Day
Cooking brings people together and this is certainly true of making pasta. Pasta is a staple, year-round dish, but nothing is as good as fresh home-made pasta you have created yourself from just egg and flour.
“Pasta & Ravioli Day” is not merely cooking – it’s a family event. It’s easy to do. It produces great results, it’s therapeutic and is an enjoyable bonding activity. If you’ve done the zoo and the family picnic, or the weather’s not great or you’re stuck at home. Flour, eggs and a rolling pin will get you on your way to a wonderful afternoon.
You are allowed a family member to join you in this session, or you can use the exercise to learn a skill around which you can build your own family and social events.
Sick of the same old Sunday brunch? Bring your friends around and make pasta together – “Pasta & Ravioli Day”! You can make a number of batches, have lunch then freeze the rest. Ravioli keeps well in the freezer until you eat it, which is usually pretty soon. It cooks straight from frozen. You’ll learn the tricks in this session.
Who should take this class? People who:
- Are looking for a cooking activity to share with friends, family and children.
- Want to build some of their own traditions around the preparation of food and sharing good times and great meals together.
- Are looking to start the journey to discover the wonders of home-made pasta. One skill, a thousand variations and delights.
- Have never tasted real pasta that hasn’t come out of a packet. You must try this.
This class focuses on simple process of making pasta dough, coupled with the method for hand-made ravioli. For this session we assume people do not have any machines, but you will need a rolling pin!
The dish you create in this class is classic Spinach and Ricotta Ravioli. Your sauce options include:
- Sautéed asparagus and walnuts
- Pine nuts and sage butter cream
- Classic tomato with roast garlic, onions and chilli