Food for a Party
This session provides ideas and essentials for creating a great party. It will help you design the food and the mood, to create exactly the type of party you want for any occasion.
A gathering of people might simply be a social way to fill an afternoon. It might also have special significance and mark an important milestone in our lives. A group of people you might never get together again.
Whatever the event, knowing how to host a great party is an important life-skill, especially if you are the person to make those special moments that might be remembered for a lifetime.
Once a party starts it develops its own energy. If you are not well-prepared, it is easy to become stressed and miss an opportunity to enjoy time with your friends.
More than providing people with great tasting fuel, food frames how a party will run. It plays a key role in crowd control and managing peoples’ mood. Food, wine and other alcohol choices are strategic considerations that are never random when planning for peoples’ enjoyment.
There is even an art to just hosting an afternoon barbeque with friends. The role of snacks, what type of food is presented, when should it be served, are people sitting or standing, what happens to the party if/when people stop to eat, what comes next. How do you end a party and allow/encourage people to leave gracefully?
You need to balance the cooking with hosting the gathering, leaving time to enjoy with your friends. Is there a crew or just you?
This CooksClub class is about understanding hospitality and the role food plays in determining the flow of an event. There are tricks to working smarter instead of harder when catering for a group of people.
People will always remember an evening or barbeque where they have had great food. Managing food for a party also plays an important role in helping people drink and enjoy themselves while socialising through an afternoon or evening.
At this class you will learn:
- To theme the food to create the type of party that people love to go to.
- How your food planning sets the theme and tone for a party
- What you need to know when hosting 16th, 18th, and 21st birthday parties.
- Tips that make for a great dinner party
- How to cater for what happens to the flow at different stages of a party
- How to be a great host and what support roles you will need
- What food goes with what event and exactly when to serve it
- How much to prepare and how much to cook and what to do to finish well